During this all-round workshop & product internship, you will participate in all product-related processes taking place in and around the Blom & Blom workshop.
Blom & Blom is a young company that collects, restores and designs unique lamps and furnishings with a story to tell. You will be working in our atelier in Amsterdam.
Your responsibilities include restoring and redesigning lamps, experimenting on new product designs (both in the office and in the workshop), and helping out creating lighting and interior concepts for our clients. The majority of your tasks (70%) will be related to the workshop, but if you like keeping your hands clean from time to time, you are also most welcome to help us out at the Blom & Blom office. Activities can include material or simulation studies, resolving design uncertainties, calculations, or purchasing (new) materials.
- Not afraid of getting your hands dirty
- Interested in (re)design
- Fluent in Dutch, preferably basic knowledge of English
- Following a ‘HBO‘ or ‘WO‘ bachelor, preferably in the direction of Product Design or Mechanical Engineering
- Basic experience with CAD software
- Preferably possessing a drivers license (B)
- A lot of learning by doing
- Gaining experience in working with unique objects and materials
- Being part of the creative heart of Blom & Blom
- Working in a small team (you will be one of eight)
- The possibility to set and meet your own learning goals
- A fun place to work and develop your skills
Period: February 2017 / 4-6 months (full-time & student only)
Interested? Send us your CV, portfolio, and a short motivation via [email protected]
We would love to meet you!
Blom & Blom
+31 (0)20 737 26 91