We are looking for amazing buying assistants to join our mighty buying team in the Netherlands.
Since we are building the most ambitious department store in the country, we are putting together a team of specialists to guarantee our success. Your role in this exciting adventure is to support the buyers in the buying process and to meet/ exceed KPI’s like sales and margin targets, while developing your knowledge and expertise in the field of buying.
Founded in 1670, Hudson’s Bay is proud to be the oldest company in North America. Since day one we have been a company of adventurers. Now it’s time to set sail to create a European expression of the Hudson’s Bay brand.
We will launch up to 20 prime high street locations in The Netherlands. Where people check in for the latest fashion, daily delights, everyday beauty, home décor and excellent customer service. Tailored to Dutch customers. HQ is in Leiden
What you’ll do:
- Create and enter purchase orders into the system and review invoice accuracy against PO (Wholesale brands).
- Support your Buyer in defining the buying strategy, assortment planning and procurement planning.
- Assist in the merchandise selection and if necessary, the pricing and business analysis.
- Partner with the Planning Assistant to manage orders, analyze business trends and manage in-season performance and opportunities.
- Communicate with suppliers of Marketing and the stores to provide legitimate product/order information.
- Execute return to supplier process and communicate with stores as necessary.
- Support Assistant Planners on replenishment, re-orders, special requests, and purchase order logs.
- Promote teamwork within the Buying and Planning Teams through daily communication and interaction and share best practices with peers.
What you’ll need:
- A love for retail, trends, targeted brand portfolio’s and fashion, where a commercial mindset is key.
- A pro-active and flexible work mentality, where time management is crucial to reach deadlines.
- A degree in Fashion Management or similar education.
- Up to 3 years of experience within a buying assistant role.
- Outstanding Dutch and English language skills both written and spoken.
- A great sense of humor and a natural ability to collaborate with colleagues.
Indefinite duration (starting asap)
We encourage our team members to take smart risks and innovate to win. Sound like a culture you want to be a part of? Then apply now on our careersite!