We are looking for a Store Manager with at least 2 years of experience in fashion retail, preferably women’s wear. Can you start ASAP: what are you waiting for?! Who are you? You are probably already working in the fashion industry, and preferably you have experience in (co-managing) fashion stores. Your service is authentic. You are genuinely interested in people, you know how to work with/train your staff and you can give and receive feedback. You like to work hard, do things differently, and we would like to offer you that chance.
What will you be doing:
- Manage daily store control Brandy Melville Amsterdam (Leidsestraat 43);
- Manage store operations (scheduling, inventory control, etc.);
- Personally training, motivating, coaching, inspiring and directing your team;
- Welcoming the customers to make them feel at home and encourage them to buy;
- Helping the clients to find their ultimate Brandy outfits
- Advice clients on how to mix, match and combine our unique items
- Address and successfully resolve client situations according to company philosophy and standards.
- Continuously growing of knowledge of the collection to ensure optimal customer advice
- Continuously implement the Brandy product-merchandising policy. This is an ongoing process: Perfect execution of visual merchandising guidelines – presentation is everything! Adhere to company guidelines as detailed in the company Visual Merchandising guidelines;
- Maintain high visual merchandising standards on the shop floor and window displays;
- Achieve considerable sales together with the rest of the team;
- Operate the cash register;
- Financial supervision of cash register;
- Working target related;
- Make the customers and visitors feel at home and encourage them to buy;
- Responsible for creating a unique, innovative and inspirational customer experience encompassing the Brandy Melville lifestyle and brand image.
- The Visual Merchandiser will partner and support the Store Manager and Operations Manager, they will also have an open and direct line of communication with the owners in order to most effectively hold a firm knowledge of overall brand direction and focus.
- They will be responsible for sending daily recaps of product success, new merchandising, and product sell through to the owners.
- Partner with management team in planning, scheduling, and executing an innovative visual environment. You must be able to react to the business and re-merchandise accordingly after sell-through of product.
- Must utilize and manage product knowledge and sell-through to analyze and communicate business results to the owners.
- Manage and train staff in all visual aspects of presentation and standards, censoring effectively, how to read tags in accordance to go backs. The Visual Merchandiser is the direct trainer to visual associates with merchandising expectation.
- Requirements and Qualifications:
- A (few) year(s) experience in a big fashion store (Preferably in a managing position);
- An enthusiastic and spontaneous personality with creative input;
- Good judge of character and associated communication skills;
- Ambitious, goal-orientated, sales minded;
- Understanding of the target group and what it wants to wear;
- Curious personality and eagerness to learn;
- Team spirit, while promoting your own identity;
- Leadership, overview and able to delegate with elegance;
- Dutch mother tongue and fluent English speaker;
- Large degree of responsibility;
- Flexible regarding working hours.
- Communication skills:
- Ensure a daily 5 minute meeting: prepared and conducted every day to ensure that all employees understand daily business expectations and are motivated to achieve their targets;
- Ensure all new members of the team understand and demonstrate all elements of the Brandy Experience
- Deliver inspiring and motivating communication which reflects the Brandy Melville brand values;
- Demonstrate professional and effective communication skills in all areas of their role;
- Actively listen to, and value other colleges viewpoints and opinions;
- Effectively give feedback information to Senior Management and Head Office
- VM: Identify the learning needs of employees and deliver the appropriate training/ coaching needed
- Take responsibility for your own personal development and career progression by demonstrating an active approach to learning
- Ensure that unsatisfactory standards of performance are addressed promptly by following the company performance management process
- Operating & Policies & Procedures
- Monitor and report any store maintenance problems and keep informed of job completions or delays
- Be aware of potential safety hazards within the store and report them immediately;
- Oversee and ensure non-abuse of company uniform and discount facilities by regularly checking all records;
- Ensure all details are communicated to relevant parties and you are fully aware of the company emergency call out procedures
What will you get from us?
- Training & education
- Space to grow (International)
- Employee discount
- Inspiration and information
- Informal work and company environment
- Professional coaching & support
Are you our new Store Manager? Can you start ASAP?
Please send the following information in Englishor Dutch and rememebr to mention you are looking for a job in Amsterdam! :
(1) your resume,
(2) cover letter,
(3) notice-period details/ availability (!!)
(4) your photo attached to your email as soon as possible to: [email protected]
Subject email : MANAGER Amsterdam
Incomplete job applications will not be processed
No agency calls for submissions please.