In 2013 Hel Ved and Pakhuis de Zwijger joined forces in order to present New Documentary pt. 1:
an unique evening dedicated to a new generation of documentary inspired photography.
Prior to this evening we had a search for talent: the creative call, in which over 200 international photographers submitted and shared their work.
Twenty creative directors from advertising, media as well as curators were present to review portfolios. An excellent jury: Huis Marseille museum of photography, Het Nederlands Fotomuseum Rotterdam, Unseen Photo Fair, Code Magazine & Hel Ved photographer’s agency&gallery. 15 best new documentary photographers were presented on stage. One winner announced: Sharieta Berghuis.
Secondly, to stimulate conversation on new development in documentary inspired photography, several speakers spoke on this topic at the Creative Talks.
Grand final: a three-floor exhibition on New Documetary#1 @Rozengracht.
This exhibition featured some of the best works of Hel Ved’s photographer-pool, also on display: the works of the winner of the creative call.
After a successful #1 event, New Documentary#2 coming up in December 2014: bigger and beyond borders.
New Documentary is an initiative of photographers’ agency & gallery Hel Ved.
- All graphic design for Hel Ved and the New Documentary project: from poster, flyers, invites, presentations, newsletters and more…
- Arranging all exhibition prints, framing and merchandise
- Programming (HTML) and maintaining the website new documentary#2
- Production assisting for creative call, the new documentary night and the final exhibition.
- InDesign, HTML
- Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop (HTML = pre)
- Driven & enthusiastic person
01/07/2014, 4 days a week, minimum period of 6 months.
Please sent your motivation + resume (in English) to [email protected]