In 2013 Hel Ved and Pakhuis de Zwijger joined forces in order to present New Documentary pt. 1:
an unique evening dedicated to a new generation of documentary inspired photography.
Prior to this evening we had a search for talent: the creative call, in which over 200 international photographers submitted and shared their work.
Twenty creative directors from advertising, media as well as curators were present to review portfolios. An excellent jury: Huis Marseille museum of photography, Het Nederlands Fotomuseum Rotterdam, Unseen Photo Fair, Code Magazine & Hel Ved photographer’s agency&gallery. 15 best new documentary photographers were presented on stage. One winner announced: Sharieta Berghuis.
Secondly, to stimulate conversation on new development in documentary inspired photography, several speakers spoke on this topic at the Creative Talks.
Grand final: a three-floor exhibition on New Documetary#1 @Rozengracht.
This exhibition featured some of the best works of Hel Ved’s photographer-pool, also on display: the works of the winner of the creative call.
After a successful #1 event, New Documentary#2 coming up in December 2014: bigger and beyond borders.
BE PART OF THE TEAM?
We are looking for people who can deal with responsibility, have a huge drive and are keen to gain more experience in a highly creative environment all about photography, fashion and art.
New Documentary is an initiative of Hel Ved photographers’ agency & gallery. You will work for the New Documentary project as well as for the activities of the Hel Ved agency & gallery.
- You are a gifted writer: all communications around the project New Documentary: from press releases, invites, newsletters to websites texts and all Facebook activities
- Extravert networker: Acquire free publicity and create strong relations with the international press. Extend press file. You bring in a strong PR network.
- Assisting in producing the events around New Documentary
- Extravert networker & social
- Gifted writer (English)
- Responsible, enthusiastic and self-driven person
01/06/2014, 4 days a week, minimum period of 6 months.
Please sent your motivation + resume (in English) to [email protected]