- A lot of learning by doing
- Gaining experience in working with unique objects and materials
- Being part of the creative heart of Blom & Blom
- Working in a small team (you will be one of eight)
- The possibility to set and meet your own learning goals
- A fun place to work and develop your skills
Blom & Blom is a young company aiming to collect, restore and redesign industrial lamps and furnishings with a
story to tell.
During this all-round workshop internship, you will be working in our atelier in Amsterdam, and participate in
all creative processes taking place in and around the Blom & Blom workshop. Your responsibilities include
restoring and redesigning lamps, experimenting on new product designs (both in the office and in the
workshop), and helping out creating lighting and interior concepts for our clients.
The majority of your tasks (60-70%) will be related to the workshop, but if you like keeping your hands clean
from time to time, you are also most welcome to help us out at the Blom & Blom office. Activities can include
material or simulation studies, resolving design uncertainties, calculations, or purchasing (new) materials.
- Not afraid of getting your hands dirty
- Interested in redesign
- Fluent in Dutch, preferably basic knowledge of English
- Following a ‘HBO‘ or ‘WO‘ bachelor, preferably in the direction of Product Design or Industrial Design
- Basic experience with CAD software
- Preferably possessing a drivers license (B)
January 2016 / 4-6 months (full-time)
Interested? Send us your CV, portfolio, and a short motivation via firstname.lastname@example.org.