LABOratorium LA is a starting high end fashion label with it’s roots in L.A. led by former creative director of the legendary Blue Blood and Good Genes. We are looking for a design and production intern to join our atelier team at our HQ in Amsterdam. Starting as soon as possible for a period of at least 3 months.
Laboratorium LA is based in the heart of Amsterdam, situated at the canals close to the Museum area in a beautiful former art gallery building. In your hour break you are free to take a stroll to the museums, cafe's or shops.
You will be working together with the designer translating the ideas of the designs, assisting in the evaluation of samples (measurements, silhouettes, fitting, workmanship), preparing and assisting in creating patterns, draping and pattern drawing, brainstorming ideas to create and develop new and intelligent techniques, prepare and assist with fittings, work on stitching samples according to the quality specifications of Laboratorium.
It is expected from the intern that he/she is able to demonstrate a good understanding of current trend and proportion as well as a good understanding of garment construction and details. Other quali cations include:
* Artemis, AMFI, or other fashion oriented study at an HBO level
* Have knowledge as well as an interest in key trends and garment technology
* Knowledge and experience in pattern making, draping, machine sewing and handwork
* Have good understanding of garment construction and garment details
* Able to make detailed technical drawings in Illustrator
* Hands on and pro active; so no 9 to 5 mentality
* Strong communication and networking skills
* Knowledge of computer programs: Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Word, Excel and Outlook * Strong in both verbal and written communication in Dutch and English
We're looking for someone who is able to start as soon as possible, for a period of at least 3 months.
Email your motivation letter and CV to Nikki Balsem at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are offering you a humble compensation of 300 euro's a month.