We are looking for an ambitious and highly motivated Product Development Manager (m/f) for our luxury Bee Based Hair Care product line GISOU founded by Negin Mirsalehi.
Negin Mirsalehi is an international influencer based in Amsterdam. She inspires her 3.6 million followers on a daily basis with unique and creative content that shows her passion for fashion, beauty and lifestyle through Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat. In November 2015, Negin Mirsalehi launched her very own product line GISOU, a luxury Bee Based Hair Care line that is growing rapidly. All of the bee- ingredients used in our products stem from our very own bee garden.
The Product Development Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating the entire product development process. Together with Marketing and Design the Product Development Manager introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans for successful launches.
• Assist in the research, prototyping, development and fabrication of innovative, quality, competitive and performing hair care products
• Oversee internal and external communications regarding products in development including timelines, cost negotiations, MOQ, product copy, product sourcing and product design
• Stay abreast of the competitive market; research compelling and relevant products
• Communicate daily with suppliers, internal cross-functional teams and brand representatives
• Coordinate seasonal assortment presentations
• Evaluate sample submissions and provide direction and/or approval in line with commercial expectations
• Manage and archive samples systematically for easy detailed referencing
• Request, follow up and distribute samples to internal and external teams
• Maintain development calendar, PLM updates and tracking on a per item basis
• Maintain routine evaluation and reporting procedures for product development performance.
• Provide program and supplier assessments on an as-needed basis
• Attend trade shows
Desired Skills and Experience
• Outstanding communication skills and acts proactively
• Extremely detail oriented, organized and reliable
• Be a team player with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Must have a University/ HBO degree with 1 to 3 years work experience in product development
• Great capacity to develop many different products, from vision to detail.
• Be flexible and agile with constant changes and time restraints.
• Open to internal and external feedback on products being developed.
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office, basic Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
Ideal candidates will also have experience in a hair care/cosmetics manufacturing environment.
If you are interested, please e-mail your resume and short motivation including your earliest possible starting date to email@example.com